|Site Name:||Garden Ob/Gyn|
|Location:||131 E Ames Ct
Plainview, NY 11803
|Experience:||2+ years||Availability:||Full Time|
Garden Ob/Gyn is currently seeking to fill positions for MEDICAL COLLECTORS
Position is located in Plainview, Long Island New York.
Garden Ob/Gyn has a growth position for a medical collector to be responsible for medical collections, appeals & denials and claims management. Candidate must be experienced in commercial and managed care collections.
This position requires a candidate that demonstrates a positive demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, and is professional in both appearance and approach. The collector, working independently, must demonstrate strong interpersonal and persuasive abilities in order to secure accurate and timely payment from third party payers, guarantors etc. He/she must display assertiveness in resolving accounts and take the appropriate action to resolve disputes related to covered services. Candidate must be able to accept behavioral and technical feedback as well as integrate suggestions in effective ways. Apply for this position as a medical collector today!
These tasks include, but not limited to the following:
• Follow up on all claims from billing through final resolution.
• Correct and identify billing errors and resubmit claims to insurance carriers.
• Follow up on payment errors, low reimbursement, denials etc.
• Review Insurance EOB and initiate appeals as necessary.
• Ensure maximization of collection dollars from insurance companies in accordance with the respective contracts.
• Obtain corrected information and request rebills.
• Respond to payer’s request for additional information/documentation.
• Confer with Billers & Coders, as necessary, to obtain additional information/clarification.
• Co-ordinate requests for medical records.
• Posting account adjustments as a result of written communication from third parties (i.e. certain contractual adjustments, etc.).
• Provides balance breakdown to document the status, i.e., primary payor balance, secondary or credit balance, patient balance.
• Provide clear and concise documentation of every action taken on an account in the system collection notes
• Additional Responsibilities (may be assigned)
• 2+ years Medical Collection experience
• Healthcare experience required
• Knowledge of insurance plans and providers
• Knowledge of claims and billing
• Professional appearance and demeanor are required
• Proficiency in utilizing MS Word, Excel
• Able to write, speak, and listen well
• Able to write reports, correspondence and other documentation materials.
• Able to think analytically, conceptually and systemically.
• Able to collect and research data, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate decisions
• Team player with high work ethics
• Ability to meet deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copy and Paste your CV to email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax CV to 212-888-5816