Billing/ Medical Coders
|Site Name:||Garden Ob/Gyn|
|Location:||131 E Ames Ct
Plainview, NY 11803
|Experience:||2+ years||Availability:||Full Time|
Garden Ob/Gyn is currently seeking to fill positions for MEDICAL CODERS
Position is located in Plainview, Long Island New York.
Description of Medical Coder Position.
Analyzes medical records and abstracts clinical data by assigning codes from patient records in accordance to coding classification systems. Reviews patient encounters for accurate code assignment of all relevant diagnosis and procedures. Enters appropriate codes into the computer for the transfer of data to billing files for reimbursement. Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes. Identifies and reports documentation issues and may participate in team education activities. May collect and prepare data for specialized studies. Serves as a resource concerning clinical coding practice, policies and procedure
• Abstracts relevant clinical and demographic information from the medical record to assign current ICD and CPT codes in accordance with coding and reimbursement guidelines.
• Identifies principal and secondary diagnosis with minimal error based on national based standards.
• Codes with an accuracy of 97% based on QA internal reviews.
• Records all diagnostic procedures and assigns appropriate procedure codes.
• Requests diagnosis from physicians when information is not recorded.
• Determines and records required medical information.
• Updates coding procedures and guidelines. Works with doctors, physician assistants, Ultrasound technicians, medical assistants and other staff in coordinating medical information and patient charts.
• Maintains the confidentiality of medical information contained in each record.
• Assists in the development of medical records and billing related reports.
• Formats reports according to established guidelines
• Assisting with research for denied claims
• Additional Responsibilities (may be assigned)
• 2+ years Ob/Gyn or MFM coding experience required; CPC Certificate highly preferred
• Associates degree or Equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years related experience in billing, insurance and third party receivables or healthcare industry, and/or database experience
• Knowledge of CPT coding, reimbursement processes, billing, accounts receivables.
• Proficiency in utilizing MS Word, Excel
• Able to write, speak, and listen well
• Able to write reports, correspondence and other documentation materials.
• Able to think analytically, conceptually and systemically.
• Able to collect and research data, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate decisions
• Team player with high work ethics
• Ability to meet deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Attach or Copy and Paste your CV to email email@example.com or fax CV to 212-888-5816